In January we’ll be celebrating the sixth year of Independent Venue Week alongside 200+ venues across the UK. Independent Venue Week is a 7-day celebration of grass-roots music venues and all the people who own them, run them and work in them.
Here at IVW HQ we believe that the best way to start off the new year is by celebrating the amazing live music scene we have in the UK and the people who make it happen.
This year the celebrations has spread even further and so we are looking for venue volunteers to work alongside our ambassadors, Novelist and Sam Renke, to help us out during the week and see what goes on behind the scenes at these venues.
In return, we’re offering gig tickets to the shows you would like to see, and the opportunity to play an instrumental role in making the celebration happen.
Independent Venue Week Volunteers
We’re looking for ambassadors across the UK to help us celebrate the amazing grass-root music scene we have. Whether it’s Sneaky Pete’s in Edinburgh or Komedia in Brighton, we’re looking for people who are enthusiastic gig goers.
We won’t take up much your time, and in turn there’s an opportunity to see the shows you want for free. You won’t need any prior experience, just bags of enthusiasm for watching live music.
Volunteers who join us will need to be 18+, and be able to attend any dates they’re given. When and where you’ve stated a show you’re keen to be involved in we’ll try and accommodate it. We are ideally looking for people who can commit to being available during all of the week (this won’t mean a shift every day but it helps with planning). We’re looking for people who are passionate and committed the cause, and people who champion grassroots music venues.
What will you get?
- You’ll play a key role in one of UK’s largest music events.
- A chance to meet new people and local music lovers.
- An opportunity to talk to and engage with local promoters, and those running your local music venue.
- An opportunity to see bands for free in venues across your chosen city.
- And some real world music industry experience.
What we’re looking for?
- Volunteers who enjoy going to gigs and speaking to promoters and venue owners.
- A passion for music and culture.
- A team of people who love meeting people and who have a willingness to learn.
- People who are confident at communicating and organised.
- Commitment to the dates and times offered to you.
For more information we have a dedicated IVW Venue Volunteers description
How to Apply
The best way to apply to be involved in the celebrations is through the application form below. It won’t take you long at all and we’ll be in touch shortly after about getting involved.
If you have any queries or questions relating to the opportunities listed above then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We will aim to respond to your email within 1-2 working days.