INDEPENDENT VENUE WEEK (US) 2020
July 6 – 12, 2020
Independent Venue Week is a seven-day, nationwide celebration of independent music venue; a nod to the people that own, run, and work in them. After two rapidly growing US iterations, the venue and promoter sign-up for the event’s third annual edition, to take place July 6 – 12, 2020, is now open!
Signing up for Independent Venue Week, you join a rapidly growing, national network, which works year-round to cultivate dialogue, growth, and visibility for live music’s American independents, all culminating in a one-week campaign featuring hundreds of shows all over the country.
Read more about the previous editions of Independent Venue Week in the Impact Report below.
What does being part of Independent Venue Week mean, practically?
- Independent Venue Week is a seven-day celebration of independent music venues, built for and by a year-round network of support from other venues, partners, and the IVW team
- Independent Venue Week is FREE for venues and promoters to participate in
- Largely, it’s business as usual. The week is venue-curated, and Independent Venue Week helps build a national campaign to amplify the great work you’re already doing
- Events featured must charge an admission fee and artists must be paid
- Independent Venue Week will have an in-venue presence (physical or digital signage, staff in branded t-shirts, etc.) at all Independent Venue Week shows between July 6-12, 2019
- Events that are included in Independent Venue Week are to be listed as “part of Independent Venue Week” or “during Independent Venue Week” in programming