In just over a month’s time we will be celebrating the fifth Independent Venue Week. Taking place in 180+ venues across the UK, Independent Venue Week is a 7-day celebration of independent music venues across all four countries in the United Kingdom.
For us, it’s about giving a nod back to the people who own, run, work in, and play in these spaces week in and week out, and keep the grass-roots music thriving.
Alongside our five ambassadors, who include Adrian Utley of Portishead and Nadine Shah, we’re looking for local volunteers to come and help us out the week. We want to help bring a broader insight of what goes on in these venues during the week.
Starting on 29th January through to 4th February, we’re looking for volunteers to help us complete that mission. In return, we’re offering you gig tickets to the shows you’d like to see, and an opportunity to play an invaluable part of making this celebration happen.
Independent Venue Week Venue Volunteers
We’re looking for ambassadors across the country to fly the flag for their local independent venue. Be it Komedia in Brighton, or The Exchange in Bristol, we’re looking for those who like to go out and have a good time.
We won’t take up much your time, and in turn there’s an opportunity to see the shows you want for free. You won’t need any prior experience, just bags of enthusiasm for watching live music.
Volunteers who join us will need to be 18+, and be able to attend any dates they’re given. When and where you’ve stated a show you’re keen to be involved in we’ll try and accommodate it. We are ideally looking for people who can commit to being available during all of the week (this won’t mean a shift every day but helps planning). We’re looking for people who are passionate and committed the cause, and people who champion grassroots music venues.
What will you get?
- You’ll play a key role in one of UK’s largest music events.
- A chance to meet new people and local music lovers.
- An opportunity to talk to and engage with local promoters, and those running your local music venue.
- An opportunity to see bands for free in venues across your chosen city.
- And some real world music industry experience.
What we’re looking for?
- Volunteers who enjoy going to gigs and speaking to promoters and venue owners.
- A passion for music and culture.
- A team of people who love meeting people and who have a willingness to learn.
- People who are confident at communicating and organised.
- Commitment to the dates and times offered to you.
For more information we have a dedicated IVW Venue Volunteers description
How to Apply
The best way to apply to be involved is through the application form you’ll find below. This should only take you 1/2 minutes. We will then be in touch shortly after about getting involved.
The final deadline for applications is the 15th January 2018 at 1pm.
If you have any queries or questions relating to the opportunities listed above then please contact email@example.com. We will aim to respond to your email within 1-2 working days.