Venue Sign-Up for Independent Venue Week 2019 in the US is Open
Independent Venue Week brings together venues, rising and established artists, promoters, labels, media, and tastemakers to create an international series of gigs. Independent Venue Week was brought to the US in 2018. This is a unique live music project running for seven days across each territory, but with a completely local feel and we welcome you to help us power American independents! With Eventbrite and Songtrust returning as sponsors, the US event will run from July 8 to 14, 2019, and it’s open for show submission right now.
How do I sign up?
Please submit your venue info through this Google Form
All venues must adhere to the American code of conduct. Main pointers are as follows:
- IVW is completely free for venues to participate
- Venues manage and run their own nights but, in some cases, Independent Venue Week can possibly help find artists or curating partners and may also become a promoting partner
- Your official IVW gig(s) must be completely original artists/music or DJ’s but NOT covers or tribute acts of ANY battle of the bands style competitions
- Venues must have a policy of paying artists fairly for playing. ABSOLUTELY NO PAY TO PLAY
- No venue or promoter is to announce their shows ahead of the official Independent Venue Week announcement. The dates for announcement will be circulated well in advance and all venues will announce at the same time as IVW
- Tickets to be paid for i.e. NO FREE GIGS
- All sponsorship for the week is run by IVW centrally – no venues are to negotiate or secure their own sponsorship.
- If IVW provides official merchandise e.g. stage banners and t-shirts, they must be in place/worn and clearly visible i.e. banners behind the stage and staff T’s worn for each and every IVW performance
- IVW works with media organizations to provide additional exposure for the week including online and broadcast media. We have a press team who will help and support at a local level if requested.
Please contact Marauder with any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org